Lots of software using PostgreSQL. Pigsty has some docker compose template for some popular software.
You can launch stateless software with docker easily and using external HA PostgreSQL for higher availability & durability.
You can use Docker to deploy and launch software applications quickly. You can directly access the PostgreSQL/Redis database deployed on the host in the container using the connection string.
Docker is not installed by default, You can install docker with
docker.yml playbook, e.g.:
./docker.yml -l infra
Use more advanced tools to manage PostgreSQL instances / clusters.
- PgAdmin4: A GUI tool for managing PostgreSQL instances.
- ByteBase: A GUI IaC tool for PostgreSQL schema migration.
- PGWeb: A tool automatically generates back-end API services based on PG database schema.
- SchemaSPY: Generates detailed visual reports of database schemas.
- Pgbadger: Generate PostgreSQL summary report from log samples.
Scaffold your application with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem.
- PostgREST: PostgREST, serve a RESTful API from any Postgres database automatically.
- Kong: Kong, a scalable, open source API Gateway with Redis/PostgreSQL/OpenResty
- FerretDB: FerretDB, a truly open source MongoDB alternative in PostgreSQL.
- EdgeDB: EdgeDB, open source graph-like database based on PostgreSQL
- Supabase: Supabase, open source Firebase alternative based on PostgreSQL
- DuckDB: DuckDB, in-process SQL olap DBMS that works well with PostgreSQL
Launch open-source software with PostgreSQL at ease.
- Wiki.js: Wiki.js, the most powerful and extensible open source wiki software
- Gitea: Gitea, a painless self-hosted git service
- Gitlab: open-source code hosting platform.
- Harbour: open-source mirror repo
- Jira: open-source project management platform.
- Confluence: open-source knowledge hosting platform.
- Odoo: open-source ERP
- Mastodon: PG-based social network
- Discourse: open-source forum based on PG and Redis
- Jupyter Lab: A battery-included Python lab environment for data analysis and processing.
- Grafana: use postgres as backend storage
- Promscale: use postgres/timescaledb as prometheus metrics storage
Perform data visualization with PostgreSQL, Grafana & Echarts.
- pglog: PostgreSQL CSVLOG sample analyzer.
- covid: Covid-19 data visualization
- isd: noaa weather data visualization
- dbeng: Database popularity visualization
- price: RDS, ECS price comparison
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.